The Government of Georgia gives foreign citizens the opportunity to work remotely from Georgia.
For this purpose, a rule has been developed for a foreign citizen (so-called Visitor) to enter Georgia to carry out business / labor activities remotely outside Georgia.
The right to participate in the program are those foreign citizens, the list of which is determined by the Resolution №256 of the Government of Georgia of June 5, 2015. This rule does not apply to citizens of countries with which Georgia has opened its borders and can travel without quarantine.
In order to carry out business / labor activities remotely from outside Georgia, the visitor is obliged to fill in the application in the special electronic program, which is posted on the website www.stopcov.ge and obtain the relevant consent from the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia.
The application in the electronic program should be filled in English. The person filling in the application is obliged to upload the following documents in the electronic program when filling out the application:
• Copy of valid passport;
• Information about personal data (name, surname, personal number, address);
• Information about the foreign employer;
• Contact information of the foreign employer;
• Information about job position and income;
• Proof of income received during the last 1 year (bank statement or any other proof document), which must be equivalent to at least USD 2,000 per month in the amount of GEL;
• Compulsory health insurance that is valid for at least 6 months;
• Authorization document in case of uploading through the application representative;
• Preliminary confirmation of mandatory 12-day quarantine.
At the same time, the visitor is obliged to pass the mandatory 12-day quarantine at his own expense upon entering Georgia, and after passing the 12-day mandatory quarantine, to conduct PCR testing at his own expense.
The application is reviewed within 10 working days after receiving the application. The visitor will be denied income in Georgia if:
a) the application is completed incompletely or incorrectly;
b) the purpose of the request is not relevant to the business / labor activity;
c) In the presence of other grounds established by law.
However, in case of an undesirable decision for the person filling in the application, the authorized consenting agency reserves the right not to explain its decision to the person filling in the application.